The 37th SMPS PTA AGM was held on 6 April 2018 at 5pm in the Music Room of St. Margaret’s Primary School. In attendance were teachers, Executive Committee members, parents and members of the Chaplaincy.
Reverend Timothy opened the meeting with a prayer. Ms Pang then welcomed all attendees and thanked the PTA for their hard work and effort put in throughout the year.
PTA Vice-President Chin Chin presented the President’s Report which included the events and activities that the PTA and the dedicated parent volunteers were involved in for the year 2017 and thus far in 2018:
- P6 Supplementary Class Meal Sponsorship (June and September 2017)
- Green Dot and Homecoming Fun Fair (3 June 2017)
- Teachers’ Day Gift Making (29 August 2017)
- Teachers’ Day Concert and High Tea Buffet (30 August 2017)
- Dads for Life event (6 May 2017)
- Children’s Day Celebration (5 October 2017)
- Primary One Orientation (9 November 2017)
- Partners’ Appreciation Tea (10 November 2017)
- 175th Founder’s Day Dinner (16 November 2017)
- Primary One Orientation 2017 (2–4 January 2018)
- Storytelling in English, Chinese and Tamil (throughout the year)
- Art & Craft (throughout the year)
- Math Recess Play (yearly in Term 1, Term 2 and Term 3)
- Math Olympiad PV Programme
The President’s Report was followed by the Treasurer’s Report for the year 2017.
PTA Vice-President Chin Chin then thanked the following out-going EXCO members for their time and effort toward the PTA – Ms Amelia Santosa, Mdm Caroline Seah, Ms Cindy Yeo, Mrs Cheryl Teo, Ms Irene Chong, Ms Malarvili Thyagarajan, Ms Sze To Mae Yin, Mr Naresh Prakas Jaiswal and Mdm Shymala Devi D/O Suppiah.
Finally, the 2018/2019 Executive Committee was voted in. The fourteen-strong committee is made up of 7 continuing EXCO members and 7 new members.
At the end of the AGM, Reverand Timothy closed the meeting with a prayer.
The new committee members stayed on after to elect the main office bearers for 2018/2019.